Face-to Face Assessment Center
CAPs created the face-to-face Iliad Assessment Center to fill a specific need – measuring managerial skills via a cost effective assessment center experience. Since 1995, the Iliad Assessment Center has been used to assess and provide feedback to more than 50,000 people in both academic and professional settings.
The skills assessed by Iliad were among the most common learning objectives identified in a survey of business school deans. The specific skills assessed during Iliad are:
- Leadership Initiative
- Planning and Organizing
- Attention to Detail
- Writing Quality
Due to the large database of individuals assessed, an important feature of the Iliad Assessment Center is the ability to provide (norm referenced) feedback relative to all students in our database. These results can be interpreted at both the individual and the college level for maximum flexibility and utility.
For colleges, Iliad data can be used to measure assurance of learning (AOL) goals, and as a key part of a continuous improvement process. For students, Iliad data provide meaningful benchmarks for career development. CAPs offers universities a rare combination – an efficient and valid assessment tool, which benefits individual students as well.
- Iliad takes a minimum of university resources in terms of time, expertise, and money.
- Trained assessors (graduate education), external to your university, provide all ratings.
- The Iliad activities can be conducted in a variety of physical configurations.
- Pretest-posttest assessments can be made to evaluate the skill progression of participants.
- All materials are specific to the participant and each is provided with a personalized exam book.
- Scoring is fast, efficient and multifaceted feedback is provided for both administrators and participants.
- We can train people in house to collect the data.
- Results can be used for both individual and program assessment.